The entire world is on a pause due to the global pandemic. No industry found itself untouched by the evil hands of COVID-19 that shut down companies and international events, like the Met Gala or Sports events, and is the reason thousands of people were out of job. Even the fashion industry didn’t come out of it unscathed, and tons of brands like Zara and Forever 21 closed shops in many parts of the world.
But the spirits of a true artist is not so easy to defeat. And this was proved when the London and Paris Fashion Week began on schedule and were a hit. People wearing masks applauded the sheer courage of models and designers. On the same note, the Milan Fashion Week Spring Summer Collection 2021 went on schedule. Even though Italy had a challenging time with coronavirus, the designers didn’t let their spirits die. All designers came with a summer collection that will transport you to Italy with chic and safe clothes. Dolce&Gabbana, Armani, Fendi, Marni, Versace, Pucci and Max Marra were some designers who exhibited their summer clothes. Even Valentino came out in support of Italy and ended the Milan Fashion Week with its collection.
Here are some highlights from the week.
- Versace went for an underwater theme and created ripples by ending the week with their best aquatic print.
- Versace also showcased some of the best-bedazzled outfits with their popular chain details.
- Max Mara came with up a jumpsuit in their signature coat- camel colored. It is perfect for wearing in the evenings when you don’t require a jumpsuit.
- Prada collaborated with designer Raf Simmons to come up with an impressive collection. The best out of those were hands down the coats. They had a modern touch without compromising the look Mrs. Prada exhibits while wearing one. The models exhibited it by wearing it exactly how Mrs. Prada wears, clutching them in the middle and rolling up the sleeves.
- A formal vest by Armani stole the limelight for being chic and comfortable.
- Another highlight from Prada was the turtleneck with cutouts and pleated skirts. They added a playfulness to the look.
- Max Mara reinvented another classic look with their exhibition of cashmere paired with a pencil skirt.
These were some of the best moments and looks from the Milan Fashion Week Spring Summer Collection 2021. No doubt, the pandemic is still here, but safe efforts like these keep lit the hope candle. Which look was your favorite?